Friday, April 19, 2013

White Tanks Cemetery, Arizona - Just Where "They" "End Up"

A New Beginning in My Journey That Ended At White Tanks Cemetery, Arizona

Many of you may know me, my name is Miranda Rhuda. I am the woman (or girl many call me) from Ohio who had been searching for her mother for 12 long years, when my search ended up at White Tanks Cemetery.

My story is extremely long. But I documented my whole journey, that you can read here at My Mother Does Not Belong at White Tanks Cemetery

My purpose for this blog is to pick up where I left off a few years back. There have been many people who have reached out to me regarding their loved ones at White Tanks Cemetery. Most of them are as equally disappointed about finding their loved ones deceased and buried in the barren desert.

More than the issue of where they are buried-- IS the MANNER in which they ended there.

The Maricopa County Public Fiduciary's office is responsible for "searching" for and notifying next of kin. When someone dies that has no money to pay for their funeral and no known relatives with them at death, it is the public officials job to search for next of kin to notify.

I was told that they have a Policy which clearly states the procedures that the clerks are to follow for finding next of kin. They told me that there were certain systems that they used, that they subscribe to, in order to search for family or other connected persons of the deceased. But when asked, they would not tell me exactly what the policies were or what "subscriptions" they have and use for searching for next of kin.

After I found out about my mother's passing, I became extremely discouraged, devastated really, paralyzed and immobile to do anything productive in regards to her death or burial. This blog signifies a new beginning for me. I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off and carry on to try and have some good come from the situation with my mother. I believe that the only way that I will really be able to ease any of the pain related to her story is to make something positive come of it!

I am continually amazed by the number of people who reach out to me about my story. I have had many "Angels" that have crossed my path along the way. I would like to use this blog to share those stories, my search for trying help others in similar situations and any efforts attempted to change policy regarding White Tanks and the indigent burials that end up there.

I am asking for anyone that is interested in participating in any of this, please send me an e-mail at Cleaning44870@gmail.com  Since I live in Ohio, it will be hard for me to do many things there in Arizona. If you are interested in participating in these efforts to benefit those who are "lost", homeless, etc... please let me know!

Also, I am looking for stories from other families that have loved ones buried at White Tanks. I would like to be able to collect and share as many stories as possible. I will keep all names and families anonymous, change names, etc... in an effort to respect all privacy, but I have to have enough evidence of failing policy in order to be able to change anything! Please help me!

Thank you so much,
Miranda N. Rhuda (Skinn)
419-602-7147

1 comment:

  1. I don't know If anyone will see this but... my dad died 2 weeks ago, the medical examiner had to finger print to find out who he was and then notified me. they then transferred him to a funeral home and I called the funeral home to tell them I had made arrangements to transfer him to a funeral home where he would be buried next to his mother and father, the day he was supposed to be transferred I had called them and they just said "oh him? he was buried earlier" and proceeded to tell me no one had contacted them when my I had spoke to them multiple times. This all happened within 7 days. Now I have to get a permit to have him moved... I wont be able to have a viewing or a proper funeral because of this and my heart hurts because of all of this I cant believe it... I have no idea what to do but I don't want this to happen to anyone else and I don't think I should have to pay for the 2000 permit and who knows what for the relocation. I have no clue on what to do please email me if you read these by chance? chloejohnston@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete