Friday, November 15, 2013

Son, David Nebel, Searches for Father- Only to Find Him at White Tanks Cemetery (yet another broken heart)

I received a comment on the blog and a message via e-mail with a new story about someone else buried at White Tanks. I wanted to share this story with all of you because it sounds like he is experiencing many of the emotions that the rest of us have also experienced. It is my hopes that we might be able to offer him some words of comfort and encouragement. It breaks my heart every time that I read another story about a loved one who has been searched for-- being found DECEASED and buried at WHITE TANKS. It is like I remember the heart break that I felt when I found out- and I relive it over and over again each time I hear someone else describe their feelings upon finding out.

Here is a short snip-it of David's story:

My father was buried in lot 7. His name was/is David, I am David jr. I spent alot of time as a child wondering where my biological father could be. My only encounter with him was living in San Diego and him approaching me in a red cutlass. I remember it like it happened yesterday...I ran because i had no idea who he was. Year's later i found my biological side of the family and when i did my mother finally told me where he had been laid to rest in 08. It came as a large shock! He was gone. All of the pursuit to find him, all of the agony and disappointments (and i will admit a taste for wanting to punch him a good one for being an addict free-spirit). 

There is such a large story to tell...so many fact's that my grandmother has given to me...almost being sold into mexico because of him. I inherited many of his demon's... but, I am also at peace that he is at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment