Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Find-A-Grave Helps Us to Find Those With Next of Kin in White Tanks

Today while searching google for White Tanks Cemetery, I came across the White Tanks Cemetery Find A Grave page.  Click Here to Visit the Find A Grave Page for White Tanks Cemetery.

I was impressed at the amount of information that is provided by the website. They are still working on adding people, but there are quite a few on there so far.  I can’t help wondering, while I am scrolling through all of the names, how many of these people have family that are searching for them.  Then it dawned on me, a new phase of my project for White Tanks Angels Foundation could be to search and google these names to see if I can find any information for the names listed on the site.  I know that there are still families out there who have loved ones who are Missing Adults. I am guessing that some of those buried at White Tanks are probably estranged from their families or missing from someone’s life.

The website gives note to which of the grave markers have flowers on them.  That’s nice because it gives me an idea of which ones are tended to and which ones are not! It also has a place where you can volunteer to take photos of the markers and upload them to the find-a-grave site.  Find a grave is a volunteer based project and they allow others to take photos and submit them with the person’s information to their site. I would love to be able to do that, if only I could be in Arizona.  If any of my friends down there in AZ, who already take photos at White Tanks, are interested in participating in this project to help get all of the interments listed on the Find-a-grave site, please let me know!  Obviously, my suggestion would be to start with the graves that we are already caring for…  Start with the ones that you already visit and then maybe move on to others.

I am going to be spending some time trying to reach out to the families of those buried at White Tanks and see if there are any others that we might be able to assist. I know there are so many with broken hearts just like ours.  And just because I am fortunate enough to be able to bring my mother home and remove her from that place, does not mean that I no longer have interest in the White Tanks project. I really feel strongly that some things need to be changed in order to prevent others from ending up in the same place that we have with our loved ones.

I would love to hear you guy’s thoughts on this… And anyone interesting in helping me do some searching for the names and next of kin or taking pictures of the grave markers, please send me an email at cleaning44870@gmail.com or send me a message on FB.


God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment