Friday, November 15, 2013

Another Mother (Lost Touch With their Daughter) and Ended Up at White Tanks

Due to the fact that I have not been given permission to release the information contained in this story, I am calling this woman Jane Doe and I have taken out all private information regarding her loved one. But it is so important for me to publish and show all of the many many people who come forward regarding their loved ones being at White Tanks.

Original Message from Jane Doe:  hi Miranda, I have not taken any steps to even find out for certain that my mother is buried at white tanks so.... I guess I am just putting it off and know it needs to get started. need a push I guess ?Miranda Answer:  Would you like to give me her info and I can call and check for you. Let me help you. I was paralyzed too from all the disappointments and emotional distress.


Reply message from Jane Doe: That would be wonderful. Her name is: Margie. Born Oct XX, 19XX. She was buried at white tanks Jan 10, 2010. I would like to confirm that it is her there in that grave, as all I have is the pic of her metal grave disk with her name and date of death on it. I don't know how she died, when exactly or why she is buried there. All of her mental and medical records had me listed as next of kin (even though I hadn't talked to her in several years). I don't know how much you could find out, but I would appreciate any info. 
I was not close with my mother but this has left a hurt in my heart and it may just be that I need the answers ???  You're so good for doing what you do. I will definitely check out ur updates in the next couple of days.

Miranda reply:  That's right... now I am remembering when you originally wrote me and told me your story. Your situation is so similar to mine! Sounds exactly like me and my mom. My mom abandoned me, due to multiple personality disorder and alcoholism, when I was 13 years old. I spent years looking for her. Posting on the internet, calling around, etc... but had not successfully been in contact with her for several years.

Then in 2009, a Private Investigator took on my case for FREE, as a favor from a newly established friend in the Missing Adults network Peace4TheMissing. He went and talked to some people that I had given him information on. See, I broke some laws in a desperate attempt to get information about where my mother was (that is not something I would normally do-- but I really was so absolutely desperate to find her- for her own well being because I was told by the court system that they had her listed as transient (homeless). 

So what I did was hacked into her Credit Report and found that there was a medical collection bill there for critical care received March 2007.  They said that her Mercy Care Plan (insurance) expired February 28, 2007.  I pretended like I was her and called the collection company...  I had them verify for me what the last known addresses were on file because I had not received a bill. They gave me the address which led me to the Westward Ho (where I then sent the private investigator).  After calling the medical examiner's office, I found out that my mother actually had passed away on March 1, 2007. Her friend at the Westward Ho, had received a call from a nurse at Desert Samaritan Hospital-- and was told that my mother was terminal and only had a couple more days to live.


So, I know that the medical records had the correct Social Security number on it for them to have ended up on her credit report.  But when they buried my mother, some how, the funeral home or fiduciary office said that they received no information for social security number from the hospital death records.  They said they only had a date of birth which was listed as 07/18/1955. And somehow, they found a social security number for her, which I do NOT understand-- because it is TOTALLY wrong. And that birth date that they had was a year off- but the correct day and month.So, when I tried to apply for her death certificate, I put her correct date of birth and social security number on there-- and the vital stats office denied me the birth certificate saying that their information and mine didn't match!


So, now the problem that I have is that technically speaking, my mother's social security number still says she is ALIVE! And she has never been registered as deceased. I don't even know how to begin to fix any of that. And I need to apply for her death certificate with the wrong information so that I can at least retrieve it-- because, like you, I have no idea what she died from, although I know where she died. Now that her body is being disinterred and sent home to me, I just need to straighten out the paperwork issues associated with her passing. I need to obtain her death certificate, then apply to have her death certificate changed and then talk to the Social Security Administration to find out how to report her REAL Ohio SS number as deceased.

I am fully aware that not having answers definitely leaves an open wound in your heart and soul. It is like a dark cloud that looms over you, casting a shadow on everything you do in life. I believe that the situation with my mother is much of what has cause my Fibromyalgia and other related medical conditions. I can tell you that getting even SOME of those answers makes it a little easier to cope with a loved one's passing.  So, because I know exactly how you are feeling- I would love to be able to help in providing you with some closure. I will do what I can to try and get you some of those answers. I will make some phone calls either today or Monday.


Love,Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment