Wednesday, November 20, 2013

FREE Assistance for family members of those buried at White Tanks Cemetery

Assistance Offered For Those Needing Information Etc… to Find Closure

Chances are that if you have found this page and this blog, you are probably searching for some answers and assistance to obtain information to help you understand how your loved one ended up at White Tanks Cemetery in Arizona. Let me first tell you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  I have been contacted by more than 30 people who have also been disappointed to find that their loved ones passed and were buried at White Tanks without anyone contacting them to give notification.  It is even harder for those of us seeking information to understand how a COUNTY AGENCY is involved in burying these people without the family ever being contacted.  I wish that I could provide you with a solid answer that provides comfort to you and your family, however I just can’t.  I have asked this very question of the Maricopa County Public Fiduciary more than once and I have been unable to acquire a satisfactory answer.  But please know that I have no intention of accepting these unsatisfactory responses from them.  I intend to keep pushing and raising awareness to the situation until I am able to find answers for these families to provide them with closure.  The only way to redeem a negative situation is to create a positive one from what has happened. I intend to make both my mother’s life as a drifter and her death meaningful by making changes to help others.  My mother was the kind of person who cared greatly for others. She had a lot of compassion for other people and would do anything she could to help others.  So I will honor her and celebrate her life by doing what I feel that she would want me to do with this situation.  I also believe that the Lord gives us each situation in our life to build character and give opportunity for our souls to grow and make a difference.  GOD IS LOVE! And he desires for each of us to treat each other with the same love that we do our family.

For those of you who are seeking assistance with your situation, I will use my experience and knowledge to assist you in finding out whatever information you need. The following is the questionnaire that I ask you to complete that gives me the information that I need to help you.  We can usually find out where the person died, how the person died, what funeral home handled the death, what information existed for the person at death, when the person died, exactly where the person is buried at White Tanks, completing the paperwork needed to request the death certificate, paperwork needed to amendment an inaccurate death certificate, paperwork to change the identity information for your loved one so that the proper information is on file regarding their identity (making them a SOMEONE—not a “NO ONE”) in the eyes of others (such as public agencies that process them like pieces of paper/throw aways instead of loved & appreciated family members. Also, some of these questions also provide me with information that will assist me in making the changes necessary to stop this injustice from reoccurring in future years.


1.    Your name, contact information including NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER. (Obviously this is for me to provide you with any received documents, keeping in touch with updates on your case, etc…)
2.    A summary of your life/situation regarding your family member at White Tanks. We are not here to judge you or anyone else. We recognize and realize that bad situations happen, mistakes are made in life, etc… and unfortunately unresolved issues end up like this. Just be honest and tell me how you feel you ended up in this situation. Have you been searching for this person in previous years? Exactly how did you find out that they were deceased? Who notified you of the situation? Did you call and speak with anyone? What agencies, dates and names of who you spoke with.  I need to know if you have attempted anything regarding this situation. I realize many people do not even know where to start with something like this, which is exactly why we provide these services for the families.
3.    Provide any specific death information that you have: Date of death, place of death, etc…
4.    Do you have any information about their prior place of residence when they died?
5.    Have you been to the grave of your loved one? Do you have any desire to do so?
6.    Please give me a summary of your goals for assistance. Tell us in detail what we can do to provide closure for you and your family. Examples of goals: get all information pertaining to their passing, have the ability to place a headstone or other personal marker at their grave site, have their remains disinterred (dug up), processed and mailed to you for processing (urn etc), have a funeral or memorial service for them, have pictures of their grave site and have someone visit and care for your loved ones plot. Tell me what you need or would like to see happen in order for you to feel that you would get closure.  I need to know exactly what we need to do in order to help you out. I will do whatever I can. No goal is too large, don't disregard anything-- tell me exactly what you would like ex. having her moved to closer to you, a headstone allowed, etc...
7.    Do we have permission to use your story and share your story in an effort to support our cause and raise awareness to the seriousness of the issues regarding our loved ones ending up at White Tanks? You have the opportunity to share your information but remain anonymous, if that is what you would prefer—please let us know and we will be sure to delete names from your specific case write up.  It does really help us to be able to share specific details about cases, so if we can do that without being anonymous, it is greatly appreciated however, we do know that some family matters and situations should remain private and confidential.
I look forward to hearing from you and working with you so that I can help you out!
Love and Blessings to you!
Miranda


3 comments:

  1. Cathy Mahaffey email pmahaff6@gmail.com. can u plz send me an email so I can find the exact date my uncle passed. What is on the memorial is incorrect. John Richard Smith 04/30/1943.

    ReplyDelete