Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Mother is FINALLY Coming Home! After 18 years, she returns to me...

Today I received the package of papers in the mail that is required to put together a disinterment.  I did not do this, Jeff Knapp did it for me. I had tried to start it numerous times, but even the smallest obstacle that I hit made me devastated-- so I just QUIT! I couldn't do it anymore. I could not emotionally stand to face one more disappointment in regards to my mother or her death. So Jeff, being the angel that he is, picked up the torch for me and carried it... He gathered all the paperwork, made all the phone calls and then packaged everything up and sent it to me.  He ALSO PAID for it IN FULL!  The total process from beginning to finish (being my mother's ashes arriving to my house in the mail) costs a little over $3,100.  I fully intend to speak with Jeff in the coming weeks to get an exact idea of the process that he went through to do this, that way when others come to me asking for help-- I know where to point them.  But for now at least, I can put up pictures of the forms that I have to sign and notarize to have my mother shipped home to me. (See my next blog post for the form pictures)


I have waited to have my mom back home with me since I was 13 years old. I have searched for her... and in finding out about her death and burial at White Tanks, I was devastated, because I felt that I would NEVER get the closure that I need to move on with my life.  I thought she would never be home with me. She would always be stuck there in that barren desert... miles and miles away from me. I would never be able to visit her or go to her resting place to talk with her.  And today, Jeff has made all of that a REALITY for me. Upon receiving the letter and package of papers today, I cried hysterically and uncontrollably for approximately 2 hours. It was as if someone just busted down the damn wall that I had built up over the last five years. All of the tears that I had held in about this... just let loose and there was no stopping it.  


Today is the first day of the rest of my life!  I was dragging my feet on doing stuff for the White Tanks Angels Foundation and helping others in their journeys because I was both physically and emotionally shut down from all the repeated disappointments and devastation.  But today, Jeff has delivered a gift to all of us... he has provided for me what is needed to gain closure and he has given me motivation to see through all of the similar stories stories that I have been presented with.  He has allowed me to see light and hope in all of this and now I can pass that along to others. Before, I was dark and gloomy and had nothing to offer to anyone really.  

I hope that my story will be an inspiration to all of you with loved ones at White Tanks. It is my great hope to begin some fund raising so that I might be able to start giving the much needed closure to others in the same situation as me!  If you are interested in assisting with getting the Foundation up off the ground and on its way to success, please let me know! Any and all assistance will be embraced fully! I am only one person and I can't do it all, although sometimes I think I can ;)
God Bless to All

No comments:

Post a Comment