Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Broken Hearts: Email from a daughter who lost her father

Hi Miranda, my name is Chloe and I have been searching for something, anything really on this topic and couldn't find a thing until I came across your blog post. My situation is so confusing and I don't mean to bother you and I don't know if you will read this or even respond but if you don't I understand.
My dad passed away a few weeks ago and because of the strange place he was found they took him to the medical examiner, they had to get him finger printed to find out who he was, when they notified me my cousin went and identified him and they said they had to move him to a funeral home because they couldn't keep him there any longer. I then called my funeral home paid, and made arrangements for the funeral for him to be buried next to my grandma and grandpa. I called the funeral home they transferred him to and told them I was his daughter and that I was going to have him transferred. The day he was supposed to be transferred I called them and they told me in a very rude way that they buried him that morning at white tankscemetery, it wasn't even 2 days after I had spoke with them. They told me no one had contacted them and there was no next of kin, then proceeded to tell me about their "extensive" search for next of kin (I don't know how you can do an extensive search in 48 hours) but even then I had talked to them. Now I have to get a permit to move him to where he belongs and I cant even have a proper funeral or viewing. Its hard enough losing someone you love but having someone be so heartless and rude while telling you they threw him in a box and got rid of him like nothing really hurt me. I have no idea what to do and am just looking for anyone to help or give me some kind of advice. Like I said I wont blame you if you don't reply or read this at all, It is just a shot in the dark and I am desperate. Thank you for your time if you did read this. Chloe

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear this,I was good friends with Jon.Knowing him from his nephew Bart Everest. Jon's sister lives in northern az. I knew his wife as tuesday Cole.Where he was buried doesnt reflect Jon's life,we all know better,of our memories of him ...that cousin wouldn't happen to be Bart would it ?? Contact me @ stillmike7330@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete