Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FIndagrave.com Has Reached Out to US

The following is an email that I have sent to the founder for findagrave.com as they wrote me an email reaching out and offering to go out and take pictures for any of our loved ones graves out there at White Tanks. If there is anyone interested in this, she is asking that we provide the plot location for our loved ones. You can call the cemetery and give them the name and dob and they can tell you where the plot is located.If you need help, please let me know and I will try to do what I can. I am sorry that you guys have not heard much from me, as I have been away from home and dealing with quite a bit lately! God Bless...

Email from FINDAGRAVE.COM

Good evening,
Have you ever heard of www.findagrave.com?  It's a wonderful group that has a large amount of members who will take volunteer photos of a headstone or cemetery.  I have received a lot of requests for this cemetery and will be headed out there trying to gather information on hours of operation and when we are welcome to visit.  I have no problem taking photos of the markers.  Maybe some of the requests have already been fulfilled through www.findagrave.com
 
Thank you,
Sarah Trumpe

MY REPLY TO HER:
Sorry I am so late getting back to you, I have been terribly busy and away from home. I appreciate your assistance in indexing the burial plots at White Tanks. Its nice to think our loved ones are included and it would be really helpful in assisting people in searching for their loved ones. By putting the names and graves on findagrave.com - you would probably be doing great service to those searching for their loved ones who end up there and know nothing about it.
I searched everywhere on the internet to find my mom. I also do geneology research, so I would love to be able to attach a picture of my mother's grave site to my ancestry tree!

Thanks so much for reaching out. Please let me know if there is anything that you might need!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment